Imagine walking into a store where the aisles are crowded with hundreds of abandoned shopping carts. Some carts contain just one item, others a couple of things, and a few are filled with all kinds of goods. What kind of store is this? The shoppers seem to have gotten distracted, but will they be back? Should the store track down the people who left these carts behind and remind them? How long should the store wait before putting products back on the shelves for other customers? Although this doesn’t happen in brick-and-mortar stores, this is exactly what happens online. Indeed, Shopify has estimated that somewhere between 60% to 80% of online shopping carts are abandoned by consumers.
One of the key reasons online consumers abandon their shopping carts is because of an additional step they don’t usually have at a physical store: making shipping decisions. Online shoppers can be confronted with a variety of options for shipping, and those options can seem confusing, expensive, and require too much time for delivery. A flawless shopping experience powered by Shopify can fail if the shipping experience does not meet customer expectations.
Shopify Shipping Software Can Drastically Reduce Cart Abandonment
To reduce shopping cart abandonment, you need to display the right multi-carrier shipping rate options at checkout, and then pick, pack and ship your orders efficiently and cost-effectively. You need smart rating, packing, and fulfillment solutions that use data from those shopping carts to offer practical automation and efficiencies that can save time, decrease costs, and simplify warehouse labor complexities. Shopify-powered businesses can significantly reduce shopping cart abandonment by integrating with ShipHawk, the best-in-class warehousing and shipping solution. With ShipHawk, you can:
- Decrease shopping cart abandonment: Control and customize shipping rates at checkout, whether in real-time or based on custom rules
- Decrease material usage: Use packing automation to figure out box sizes at checkout to improve rate accuracy
- Exceed end-customer expectations: Ship orders accurately on time, meeting the delivery promise to the customer
ShipHawk is a complete software-as-a-service (SaaS) fulfillment platform for Shopify. ShipHawk for Shopify is easy to set up and use: with a single click, you can import your Shopify product data to ShipHawk, and sync your orders to ShipHawk for simplified fulfillment. Control and adjust in-cart shipping prices on demand. Automate fulfillment rules and shipping policies that meet your business needs.
Using Shopify as a System of Record
What's more, you can have ShipHawk use Shopify data as the system of record. By taking this approach, companies can delay selecting an ERP and simply use Shopify to manage orders and be the 'source of truth.' To learn more, see this case study about how Concrete Countertops implemented Shopify with ShipHawk.
ShipHawk for Shopify Features
With ShipHawk for Shopify, you get:
- Best-in-Class Multi-Carrier Rating — manage both carrier types in one platform. Cross-carrier and cross-mode optimization
- Warehouse Automation — order fulfillment automation includes selecting the right warehouse, carrier, service level and box
- Smart Packing™ & Smart Rating — optimize packing based on box sizes and dimensional charges. Carrier and service-level routing optimization
- Dynamic Business Rules — real-time business logic for cost, time, service, inventory type, carrier and other business specific rules
- Works with other Shopify apps — ShipHawk’s Shopify app plays nice with other apps from the Shopify Marketplace
- Shipping Data & Analytics — build and operate a data-driven supply chain with real time reporting and analytics
ShipHawk gives independent businesses access to the same tools and efficiencies of the largest companies in the world. To offer a flawless shopping and shipping experience, combine Shopify with ShipHawk. To find out more, contact us today.