Product Update - October 2017
This month, we’ve been rolling out new features to further automate your ShipHawk processes. From the shipping scale support to standard-sized label printing, here are our product updates.
1. Bulk modify proposed shipments
The proposed shipments feature was released in the Fall of 2016. Since this time, shippers had to add modifications to these shipments one-at-a-time. Now modifications of more than one proposed shipment can be made via a bulk edit process.
- When selecting a group of orders, select the “Bulk Edit” button.
- A modal appears that supports different details about the selected orders.
- This will override any data that was currently on the proposed shipments.
- Edit multiple order options:
- Package Data
2. “Hold at Post Office” for USPS shipments
Ask the post office to hold packages for recipients from the ShipHawk dashboard. When selecting USPS as the carrier and service, select the option to have a package held at a USPS Post Office.
- Add this support for orders, proposed shipments, and draft shipment.
- In the label response, Endicia automatically conveys to the post office where the shipment will be held.
3. Ability to create order by multiple rate IDs
ShipHawk provides many ways to create an order. Create a new order using more than one rate ID and pass multiple rate IDs as an array in the order request.
- If the items were rated using the ShipHawk attributes, and a customer places an order, the `rate_id` sent into ShipHawk uses the correct origin information.
4. New order status: “picking”
Previously, this status was left out of processes. Since it’s important to know the exact stage of a delivery, we’ve updated your dashboard. Now, when a pick ticket is printed, orders will move to “picking” status, as long as they aren’t already partially shipped, shipped, or delivered.
5. React-app signup page
Customize/brand the customer sign-up page. The new React-app signup page module now supports brand settings.
6. Scan, Scan, Print
Scan the barcode on a pick ticket to find an order and redirect to that particular order. Then, scan a package barcode to pull in dimensions, which will also pull in a weight from the scale. By doing so, existing package data will be replaced with updated information.
There is a user setting in the dashboard to “book shipment on package scan.” If on, once the package is scanned to pull in dimensions and weight, the system will book a shipment and generate a label with no user.
7. Create Warehouse Zone Logic
Shippers now have the ability to select the most effective warehouse based on the distance between the end customer and a list of warehouses where ordered products are stored.
- Select which zone to use from drop down on the settings page.
- When an order comes in, the system considers the destination zip code and matches it to the closest warehouse based on the user selected shipping zone.
If a warehouse is defined on an order, the system will automatically use the defined warehouse. If a warehouse is not defined, and no rules are in place, the system will select a warehouse based on parcel zone, regardless of whether the package is a parcel or LTL shipment.
8. 8.5 x 11 label printing with packing slip
We’ve created new packing slip type called ‘letter with label;’ this is a standard-sized slip that was unavailable previously. For any proposed shipment or shipment with an assigned packing slip template that includes a label, that packing slip will be the label.
When a proposed shipment is booked with such a packing slip template, instead of generating and printing a separate label, the packing slip is automatically generated and printed. When the button to print the label is clicked, the packing slip is printed. This works from the shipment details page and for batch printing.
9. DHL eCommerce
We’ve implemented DHL eCommerce.
10. Service days filter
Shippers can now specify the number of desired days in transit when rating. This option has been added to rating rules and shipping policies.
11. Reports by day or date range
Generate a list of order reports for a given day or date range. This will create a CSV containing all orders for dates selected with order information such as order number, customer, price, and status.
12. Add is_po_box flag to address for rating and orders
When the is_po_box flag (true) is passed, the system will now set that flag on the address.
If the flag is true, only allow the following services will be allowed:
- FedEx SmartPost
- UPS SurePost
The “flag” can be passed in the rate request as well as with an order. When passed in an order request, this fact will be applied to the proposed shipment.
13. Smoothly ship hazmat items
We’ve added New attributes to SKU items in PMS:
- UN or NA number
- Proper Shipping Name
- Hazard class
- Packing group
- Emergency phone, contact name, contact number
Add hazmat info via the product editor in the web portal.
14. Store outside dimensions for boxes
We’ve added the following new columns to the materials table:
- Outside length
- Outside width
- Outside height
Inside dimensions are still used for packing items into the boxes; outside dimensions should be used for rating, and are accurate up to 4 decimal places. When the outside dimensions are left blank, the system will use the inside dimensions.
15. Add order number and email criteria to rules
We’ve added three new criteria to the rules:
- Origin Email
- Destination Email
- Order number
Successfully pass the above criteria for all listed actions available in the dashboard.
16. Kit items
Receive kit items from eCommerce systems like Stitch Labs in your dashboard. These Kit SKUs can then be stored in the products micro service.
- Successfully break down kit SKU into its constituent SKUs.
- The flat list is displayed in the order details page.
- When all of the kit children for a kit are fulfilled, ShipHawk will consider the kit fulfilled and send back the fulfillment to Stitch Labs.
17. Generate barcodes to book shipment and print label
Generate a PDF from the Preset Package setting. Simply scan a barcode that will use the existing dimensions and weight that are on the proposed shipment and print the label. This does not require a re-rate.
To learn more about ShipHawk and speak with a shipping expert, contact email@example.com.