What You Need to Know About NetSuite Shipping Automation Solutions
Why You Should Invest in Solutions That Automate NetSuite Shipping
Businesses running NetSuite have options when it comes to fulfilling orders and automating shipping labels. As a company grows, it can often get by without automation tools right at the start, but as order demand grows and complexity increases, considering a solution to remove manual steps and automatically determine shipping decisions is often the right next step. When thinking about your fulfillment operation, if you:
- Know you can be saving money on shipping costs, but don’t know how
- Frequently experience warehouse mistakes due to manual processes and human decision making
- Are wasting money using multiple systems to produce shipping labels and shipping documentation just to stay compliant with carrier and trade partner requirements
- Want to save time on fulfillment
… then it’s time to consider a NetSuite shipping automation solution.
What portions of the shipping process can be automated with NetSuite?
One advantage of ShipHawk’s NetSuite shipping integration is that it offers customers full automation of all parts of the shipping process - rating, booking, label generation, and tracking - with just one solution.
Scan-to-ship automation and verification
Avoiding errors is critical for customer experience, repeat purchases, and costs. With scan-to-ship automation and verification, your company can ensure that outgoing packages are properly filled and shipped.
Scan-to-ship automation supports:
Order number barcode scanning for label printing
Item number barcode scanning for item verification
Box number barcode scanning for packing automation
Scan-to-ship automation integrates with hardware already in the warehouse, including:
Box making machines
Check out this case study to learn more about a customer that increased order accuracy and throughput with ShipHawk.
NetSuite Shipping Label Automation & Documentation Creation
One of the ways that ShipHawk can help you automate your NetSuite shipping process is through documentation creation and label automation. Because documentation and labels are a crucial part of fulfillment, ShipHawk allows for customization with a variety of templates to suit your specific needs. With advanced customization, you can build your own label templates and add them to your ShipHawk account.
Before you get started with customizing documentation and labels, the first things to do are:
- Determine the references that you want to be included in the label
- Set up field mappings for any order data that you want to be visible on the label
- Contact your account manager to turn on the pallet/carton label feature
- Review the template gallery and select one that you want to customize
You will have full control over these label elements with advanced customization:
- Border width
- Font size and type
- Reference number
After the customizations are to your preference, you can add the labels to your ShipHawk account for shipping label automation.
In addition to shipping labels, ShipHawk supports necessary documentation such as:
- Order-level pick tickets
- Bills of lading
- Carton and pallet labels for GS1-128/UCC-128 trade partner compliance
- Paper and/or electronic commercial invoices for international shipping
Learn more about ShipHawk shipping documentation and label printing here.
Ready to learn more?
With ShipHawk’s ability to integrate with your NetSuite implementation, streamlining your operations has never been easier. With resources like NetSuite shipping label automation tools, you will be able to save both time and money.
To learn more about NetSuite shipping automation, contact us for more information!