ShipHawk's Company Culture: The Three H's
The first thing you see when you walk through the doors at ShipHawk are the three H’s: Heart, Hustle, Humility. As Tony Hsieh, the CEO of Zappo’s said, “Your brand is your culture.” Every day at ShipHawk we strive to embody these values. They are reflected in our work, office environment, and brand identity.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.
- Always doing what is in the customer's best interest. We do whatever it takes to keep our customers happy. Our company culture and brand identity are a reflection of who we are as individuals, where we strive to be, and what makes ShipHawk different.
- Caring about the customer and all our Team Members. Customers will always be treated with respect, keeping the Golden Rule in mind. ShipHawk Team Members are a family, first and foremost. These relationships extend beyond the office, where we get to know one another on a deeper level.
- Communicating profoundly and deeply. One of the biggest pain points for our customers is the lack of communication when dealing with the shipping industry. To help our customers, we strive to communicate effectively and efficiently. We move beyond the surface of just asking questions by learning our customers' stories.
- Having fun!Work hard, play hard. It may be work but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun doing it. We laugh, play, prank, compete, and push each other to have fun with what we do. We have fun with our customers and have fun with one another.
Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
- Keeping up the intensity.We are fiercely competitive and always demanding more of ourselves, our vendors, and our partners. With such high expectations of ourselves and those around us, we know they demand the same of us.
- Being clever. We find unique ways to solve complex problems by delivering creative solutions through our technology and customer service.
- Living a healthy and active lifestyle. Health is a vital part of keeping the hustle alive. By staying physically active, monitoring nutrition, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance, we are able to stay healthy, happy, and strong.
- Staying educated. Knowledge is power. In order to stay ahead of the curve, we learn about the latest trends in our industry. One can never know too much, so we strive to read, research, and take the initiative to become active minds and learners.
Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.
- Owning mistakes. We admit to our failures. Turning a mistake into a lesson requires fixing it, learning from it, and developing a plan to prevent it from happening again.
- Being open and honest.Everyone has their limits; it’s better to under-promise and over-deliver. Staying honest with our customers, Team Members, and ourselves keeps us grounded. If a task is too much, we get help. If we don’t know an answer, we’ll find it.
Whether it’s having the heart to create innovative programming, hustling to finish a project on time, or having humility when confronted with an unhappy customer, every department and person at ShipHawk permeates the three H’s—heart, hustle, humility.